Knowing very well the fact that anyone who has been to the Maldives will already have over tens of reasons to visit the tiny island nation over again, we have compiled a small list of 5 reasons that could very well convince you to visit the Maldives this year. The Maldives archipelago is tucked away in the marine wildlife rich Laccadive Sea that border the Indian Ocean and the Arabian Sea.
1. The Year-Round Sunny Weather – Yes, due to the fact that the Maldives lay directly under the equator, the country enjoys year round sunny weather with two distinct seasons that bring about a hot & dry season and a wet & hot season. Perhaps the biggest selling point for those born and raised in northern, colder climate territories. The average temperature in the Maldives is between 23ºc – 35ºc.
2. Underwater Dining – With the crystal clear water and the abundance of reef dwelling undersea wildlife, offering the opportunity to dine underwater is a no-brainer in the Maldives. With over 5 options throughout the Maldives, dining with the fishes is fast becoming a preferred activity among many a tourist.
3. The Marine Life – An abundance of varied types of corals, and over 2000 species of reef and deep sea fish are part of the everyday life in the Maldives. Surrounding each and every island are shallow lagoons of different shades of blue in which reef fish and coral abound. Snorkeling and scuba diving are among the top reasons for the millions of travelers that visit the islands each year. Baa Atoll, Maldives is an official UNESCO Biosphere Reserve that is teeming with undersea and land wildlife such as Whale Sharks, Eagle Ray, Manta Rays, and different species of birds and reptiles.
4. The White Sandy Beaches – Unparalleled white, fine sandy beaches stretch from one end of the island to the other. The soft, sandy beaches attract sun bathers, kids, and of course the couples seeking private beach dinners. The white sandy shorelines are frequented by the Maldivian Herons, hermit crabs and beach crabs. During certain seasons, the phenomenon of the glowing beaches can be witnessed in specific atolls of the Maldives.
5. Over-Water Accommodations – Who wouldn’t enjoy a view of the clear blue seas right from the bed. Enjoying a sunrise from your very own open air deck never gets old. The decks come with stairs that lead directly in to the shallow blue lagoon.