Dhaalu Atoll | 45 Minutes by Seaplane | 5 star luxury | Underwater club | African restaurant |
| Tree house restaurant | Kids club | Beautiful beaches |
Escorted to the Per Aquum Lounge within minutes of stepping foot on Ibrahim Nasir International Airport, the staff go the extra mile in ensuring their guests receive a seamless transfer from the airport to the beautiful island known as Per Aquum Niyama. The elegant and modest lounge area comes complete with satellite television, snacks and drinks, magazines and wireless internet connection. While guests may have to lounge about at the airport for 1.5 hours or so, the average waiting time at the lounge is said to be at 30 – 45 minutes. Read more about seaplane transfers.
The General Manager of the resort along with your very own butler and guest relation executives offer a special welcome at the arrival jetty upon seaplane docking. A refreshing welcome drink away is the orientation of the island conducted by the butler on the electric buggy that enables him to attend to all his guests’ needs in a matter of minutes. The myriads of options for dining, activities, health and wellness, and rest and relaxation at both the adjoining islands ‘Chill’ and ‘Play’ offer a feeling of wanting to get lost in the splendor, never to return back to reality.
Tastefully designed beach and over-water studios, suites and pavilions offer gorgeous views with either direct access to your very own private patch of powder white sandy beach or the crystal clear blue lagoon teeming with colorful fish, turtles, rays and corals.
Accommodation options include: Beach Studio, Beach Studio with Pool, Water Studio with Poo, Deluxe Water Studio with Pool, Beach Suite with Pool, One Bedroom Water Pavilion with Pool, One Bedroom Beach Pavilion with Pool, One Bedroom Ocean Pavilion with Pool, Two Bedroom Beach Pavilion with Pool, Three Bedroom Family Beach Pavilion with Pools, and The Crescent.
* The Beach Studio with Pool offer breathtakingly gorgeous views of the endless ocean and direct access to the white sandy beach. Beautiful open air shower area with a private little indoor garden, private bath, private outdoor plunge pool and terrace leaves little left to ask for. All studios, suites and pavilions come with a full sized bar, state of the art theater systems, surround sound and a heavenly bed to retire to after that last glass of wine at dinner.
Among the many activities on offer at both islands are the over and under water activities at their Water Sports Center – FLOAT. From dolphin watching to diving and snorkeling to catamaran sailing, the list goes on. Indoor games including Billiards, Table Tennis, Foosball, PS4 and Xbox keep one well entertained should the need to stay indoors arise. The island of Chill houses The Lair that offer a cool indoor climate to browse books, DVDs and magazines and enjoy a cup of coffee. The Lair offers the perfect corner to rest and chat with your significant other after an adventurous day out at “Nature’s Playground”. The Explorers Kids Club offer a multitude of specialized activities for children from 12 months through 8 years of age. An expansive, engaging and creative area for kids to roam about, hike, climb, take up cooking classes and so on, offer the first of it’s kind in a Maldives resort. The Explorers Kids Club Activities and facilities showcase a side of family vacationing in the Maldives never witnessed before. No resort in the Maldives would be complete without a world class Spa, and Niyama has most certainly upped the ante with their signature LIME Spa with their international and signature treatments and therapies along with complimentary use of the sauna, steam room, hot and cold plunge pools for the Spa clients.
Among other facilities and activities available include: 24 hours gym, adventures with the resident marine biologist, cruising & boating and sailing along with the countless activities at the FLOAT center.
A gastronomic heaven on an isle in the middle of the India Ocean, Niyama is home to a variety of different tastes in the most amazing settings and environments. The cuisines alone leave you with the desire to return over and over again.
• BLU – All day dining by the pool side offering Mediterranean cuisines paired with the best of wines. An ice cream parlor adjacent to the dining area make it the perfect place for lunch on those sunny Maldive afternoons.
• EPICURE – A simple yet elegant all day dining option by the island’s main pool over looking the Indian Ocean with International cuisines
• EDGE – An amazing over-water fine dining restaurant located half a kilometer away from the island. Edge is accessible by a 5 – 10 minute speed boat ride.
• NEST – A gorgeous tree top restaurant located amidst the island’s lush vegetation. The Nest offers 4 different cuisine types found in Asia which include Japanese Teppanyaki, Thai, Chinese and Indonesian delights.
• SUBSIX – The famous underwater restaurant / club set 5 meters below the ocean and is located half a kilometer away from the island. Champagne breakfasts, sub-aquatic lunches and gourmet dinners under the Indian Ocean.
• TRIBAL – The island’s jungle themed restaurant offering African and South American cuisines. Absolutely stunning atmosphere with jungle sounds, bonfires and African warriors serving you the finest dishes such as Grilled Lobster with Mushrooms from Mozambique and Argentinian inspired Lava Stone Grilled Wagyu Beef Sirloin, paired with fine wines. Easily top your best restaurants list.
• DUNE – An open air lounge bar located by the main pool side offering stunning views while sipping on your favorite cocktail
• FAHRENHEIT – Rooftop bar overlooking the main pool and Epicure restaurant with live music late in the evening
• THE DELI – Cafe’ style delicatessen with gourmet snack and drinks to grab and go
An absolute gem of an island tucked away in the pristine Dhaalu Atoll of the Maldives, Per Aquum Niyama serves as a definition of perfection and a benchmark for resorts across the world.
If you would like to know more about our time at Per Aquum Niyama, please leave a comment below.